As an interpreter in the UK, obtaining the DPSI Law qualification is a crucial step in building a successful career in the legal field. Here are five reasons why this qualification is so important:
- Recognised standard: The DPSI Law qualification is a recognised standard in the UK for legal interpreting. It demonstrates to agencies, employers and clients that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to work effectively in legal settings.
- Essential training: The DPSI Law course provides training in legal interpreting protocols and terminology. This training is essential for anyone looking to work as an interpreter in legal settings such as police and courts.
- NRPSI registration: Obtaining the DPSI qualification is one of the requirements to register as an interpreter on the National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI). Being on the register informs potential clients that you are qualified, fit to practise and that you are committed to professional standards as outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- Increased job opportunities: Possessing a DPSI Law qualification can open up more job opportunities in legal settings, including working in tribunals, with solicitors and legal advice centres. With over 2000 organisations registered to search the NRPSI, being on the register is a great way to be contacted for direct work.
- Higher earning potential: Obtaining a DPSI Law qualification can also increase earning potential. Having a recognised qualification helps you command higher rates for your interpreting services, and in turn makes you more competitive among other interpreters in the market.
In conclusion, if you want to establish yourself as a trusted and skilled interpreter in the UK legal system, the DPSI Law qualification is a must-have. It will give you the knowledge, training, and recognition you need to succeed in this challenging and rewarding field.
To explore which training would fit you best, make sure to check out our DPSI preparatory courses.