DPSI Online is now offering the DPSI Law Qualification
Download our exam handbook:
Our online exams
DPSI Law Exam
A high level of fluency and excellent writing skills in both English and the language of application are required to succeed in this exam. While tough and demanding, successful candidates gain full access to the entire UK public service interpreting market, having acquired a highly-regarded, nationally-recognised professional qualification.
Rare languages are also in high demand in public services, but qualifications in such languages have been historically difficult to achieve, or simply not available in the UK. So since 2012, we have been offering the DPSI Law preparatory courses specifically geared towards rare languages. Having trained over 1000 students since 2009 we will be offering training to candidates on the NRPSI ‘Rare Language’ and ‘Interim B’ categories so they can finally become fully DPSI-qualified interpreters (see the NRPSI announcement).
About this qualification:
- The DPSI Law diploma is awarded by TQUK upon successfully passing all 5 units of the exam
- Upon successfully passing the exam, interpreters will be able to use DPSI after their name
- This Diploma allows interpreters to join relevant bodies in the industry such as the NRPSI
- Candidates may take the exam one unit at a time and have 2 years in which to complete all 5 units
- No credits or qualifications will be issued for partly completed exams
Upcoming exam dates:
- July 2021: 20th (Oral Units) and 21st (Written Units)
- Aug. 2021: 17th (Oral Units) and 18th (Written Units)
- Sept. 2021: 21st (Oral Units) and 22nd (Written Units)
- Oct. 2021: 19th (Oral Units) and 20th (Written Units)
- Nov. 2021: 23rd (Oral Units) and 24th (Written Units)
Enrolment deadline is 5 weeks before the chosen exam date.
Please note: We do not offer exams in December and January.
- Unit 01: Interpret consecutively and simultaneously to and from English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 02: Provide a sight translation into English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 03: Provide a sight translation from English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 04: Provide a written translation into English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 05: Provide a written translation from English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- All units: £699
- Unit 1: £195
- Units 2-5: £155 per unit
- Registration fee: £180
We will be offering the DipTrans Exam online from January 2022. This level 7 qualification is accredited by iCQ, a national awarding body. This is a regulated qualification on the Ofqual list, meaning it is internationally recognised.
Unit 01 – Translation of a General Text
Unit 02 – Translation of a semi-specialised text in either Business, Literature or Technology
Unit 03 – Translation of a semi-specialised text in either Science, Social Science or Law
- All 3 units: £780
- Unit 1 – £480
- Unit 2 – £360
- Unit 3 – £360
Upcoming exam dates: