DPSI Online is now offering the DPSI Law Qualification
DPSI Online is accredited by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) under Ofqual Accreditation regulations to offer the DPSI Law qualification online.
We will be delivering this qualification to any candidate who has followed a course that included language support, either with us or with another course provider.
Download our exam handbook:
Our online exams
DPSI Law Exam
A high level of fluency and excellent writing skills in both English and the language of application are required to succeed in the exams. While the DPSI Law exam can be quite tough and demanding, successful candidates gain full access to the entire UK public service interpreting market, having acquired a highly-regarded, nationally-recognised professional qualification. Rare languages are also in high demand in public services, but qualifications in such languages have been historically difficult to achieve, or simply not available in the UK. So since 2012 we have been offering the DPSI Law preparatory courses specifically geared towards rare languages. Having trained almost 800 students since 2009 we will be offering training to candidates on the NRPSI ‘Rare Language’ and ‘Interim B’ categories so they can finally become fully DPSI-qualified interpreters (see the NRPSI announcement).
About this qualification:
- The DPSI Law diploma is awarded by TQUK upon successfully passing all 5 units of the exam
- Upon successfully passing the exam, interpreters will be able to use DPSI after their name
- This Diploma allows interpreters to join relevant bodies in the industry such as the NRPSI
- Candidates may take the exam one unit at a time and have 2 years in which to complete all 5 units
- No credits or qualifications will be issued for partly completed exams
Upcoming exam dates:
- October 2020: 12th – 16th (Oral Units) and 19th – 23rd (Written Units).
- November 2020: 16th – 20th (Oral Units) and 23rd – 27th (Written Units).
November exam registration deadline:
- Unit 01: Interpret consecutively and simultaneously to and from English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 02: Provide a sight translation into English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 03: Provide a sight translation from English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 04: Provide a written translation into English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- Unit 05: Provide a written translation from English in Legal, Police and Immigration contexts
- All units: £699
- Unit 1: £195
- Units 2-5: £155 per unit
- Certification fee: £180