Last revised: May 18th, 2018
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website as well as facilitating the provision of our online courses, we may collect the following data (if applicable):
- Information about the usage of our site including details of visits, pages viewed and the resources accessed. Such information includes traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
- Information voluntarily provided by you. For example:
- Any personal data you input when making a purchase of any of our publications;
- Any personal data you input when you register for information using a contact form;
- Any personal data you input in any application form, such as your name, email address, mobile number. In some applications, we may ask for your previous qualifications, work experience to include a reference along with their contact details;
- Any personal information provided when you communicate with us by any means, to enquire, apply or enrol in our courses;
- Any personal data we request by email regarding your enrolment if your application was sent to us prior to January 2018;
- Proof of identification (if required by the Awarding Body for your course).
Use of your information
We may use the information you provide us for one or more of the following purposes:
- To answer your request relating to our goods or services.
- To allow you access to your course and/or purchase.
- To register you with the relevant awarding body (if applicable).
- To post your certificate (if applicable).
- To send you information pertaining to other courses that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide you with details of other goods and services that you may be interested in.
Storing Your Personal Data
Once we no longer require your personal data, we will delete such information from our database, emails and working computers.
In operating our website, we may need to use a cloud service and we have upgraded this service to encrypt all data we store in the cloud. Such cloud service strictly adheres to the requirements of data protection legislation in the UK. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Where the law requires us to disclose your personal information.
- To avoid fraud and reduce the risk of fraud.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using cookies. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data, which does not identify any personal details whatsoever. You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. You can also do this within the “settings” section of your computer.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a maximum fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information. You have the right to request corrections to any information we hold that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated as well as the right to have your data completely erased. For this purpose, we include in all our correspondence a link for you to unsubscribe from our mailings.