This course combines the basic theoretical concepts and techniques within translation with translation practice to provide individuals with a solid foundation of translation knowledge and experience to sit the Diploma in Translation exam.
|Course start date||Week commencing the 8th January 2018.|
|When can I apply?||Deadline for applications is the 30th November.|
|Who is this course for?||This online preparatory course is ideal for:
• bilingual individuals who wish to pursue a career in translation, but do not have any experience in this field.
• candidates who are planning to sit the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) DipTrans exams.
• those who wish to study in their own time and around other commitments.
|How long is the course?||1 Year Part-Time – 3 Terms (see below)|
|What do I need?||• Excellent writing skills in your native language and near-native skills in your second language;
• Internet access and the latest version of Skype.
|What will I learn?
• Introduction to Translation Studies
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all the course materials and to submit your coursework online;
• 18 translation assignments covering all units of the exam;
• Lectures covering theoretical concepts in translation
• Skype tutorials to receive feedback on your translations by a qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination;
• Certificate of completion (with a mandatory attendance of 85%).
|What topics are covered in the exam?||The CIoL DipTrans exam is divided into three units:
• Unit 01: General translation
• Unit 02: Semi-specialised translation (A: Technology, B: Business, C: Literature)
• Unit 03: Semi-specialised translation (D: Science, E: Social Science, F: Law)
Please note you will have to choose one option for each of the semi-specialised texts on the exam day.
|What will it cost?
||£1650 1 year (or instalments available at £650 per term)|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.