This course is available in most languages, including:
Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Farsi, French, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish & Urdu.
This is a one-to-one flexible course.
|Who is this course for?||This online course is suitable for candidates and experienced interpreters alike who need extra support with their translation and/or interpreting skills to re-sit a certain unit of the DPSI Law or Health exams.|
|How long is the course?||The DPSI Revision Course is available in one of the following formats:
• A 10 session course that can be completed within 12 weeks (if you need to resit 1 or 2 units)
• A 5 session course that can be completed within 6 weeks (if you need to resit only one unit)
|What do I need?||• Native and near-native level in both English and Other Language
• Experience in: interpreting, research and autonomous learning
• Reliable internet access and an updated version of Skype
|What will I learn?||• You will practice interpreting and translation skills with a dedicated language tutor doing role-plays, sight translations and written translations, according to your chosen units, which will be marked according to the NQF Level 6
• You can choose to practice one or two units. However, as this is a very short course we recommend one unit.
• The number and type of assignments during the 10 tutorials depend on the units chosen.
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all the course materials and submit all your coursework online
• 5 or 10 translation assignments covering your chosen units
• 5 or 10 Skype tutorials (of 30 minutes) to receive feedback on your assignments from a qualified and experienced tutor (according to the units chosen)
• Feedback from a qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination
• A complimentary copy of The Interpreters’ Manual upon completing the course
• Certificate of completion (with a mandatory attendance of 100%)
|When can I enrol?||Course enrolment is open all year to suit every student’s availability, however, this short course should be completed within 12 weeks of enrolment.|
|What will it cost?||£495 (10 sessions) or £295 (5 sessions)|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.