This course is available in most languages, including but not limited to:
Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Farsi, French, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish & Urdu.
|About the DPSI
||The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) is a nationally-recognised qualification that serves as a benchmark for professional standards in the interpreting profession. Passing the exam and obtaining this diploma entitles you to:
• Work as a professional interpreter in legal settings within the UK
• Use the DPSI title after your name
• Apply to become registered on the National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI)
||Enrolments open year-round – Start anytime. Course to be completed within 12 weeks.
|About this course
||This one-to-one flexible online course is suitable for candidates and experienced interpreters alike who need extra support with their translation and/or interpreting skills to re-sit a certain unit of the DPSI Law or Health exams.
The DPSI Revision Course is available in one of the following formats:
- A 10 session course, to be completed within 12 weeks (if you need to resit one or two units);
- A 5 session course, to be completed within 6 weeks (if you need to resit one unit only).
|The number and type of assignments included in the practice sessions depend on the units that need resitting. Practice includes role-plays, sight translations and/or written translations.
- A complimentary copy of The Interpreter’s Manual upon completing the course;
- Students will receive a certificate of completion (with a mandatory attendance of 100%).
CIoL DPSI Units:
- Unit 01: Interpret consecutively and simultaneously (whispered) in the public services
- Unit 02: Provide a sight translation into English in the public services
- Unit 03: Provide a sight translation from English in the public services
- Unit 04: Translate into English in the public services
- Unit 05: Translate from English in the public services
- Native and near-native level in both English and other language;
- Some experience in interpreting and/or translation;
- Ability to conduct autonomous research and learning;
- Reliable internet access and the latest version of Skype.
||£495 (10 sessions) or £295 (5 sessions)
Need more information? Check our FAQs, read our student testimonials and visit the CIoL exam page for further details.
Please contact us if you still have any questions.
Step 1: ApplicationStep 2: Tutor ConfirmationStep 3: Course Fee
Fill out the application form to register your details for the course.
After submitting your application, we will contact you to confirm that a tutor can take you on.
After a tutor is confirmed for you, you will be directed to proceed with payment of the course fee by credit/debit card via PayPal or by BACS. After your payment is cleared, we’ll be in touch with everything you need to get started on your course.