This course is suitable for all languages including those of lesser diffusion including but not limited to:
Albanian, Amharic, Bengali/Sylheti, Cantonese, Dari, Greek, Kurdish, Mirpuri, Pashto, Punjabi, Somali, Tamil, Tigrinya and Vietnamese.
This online preparatory course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments if you cannot attend a face-to-face course.
|Who is this course for?||This course is suitable for candidates who:
• missed the enrolment period for the 8-month DPSI Law course;
|How long is the course?||This course runs twice a year to prepare those who plan to sit the CIoL exam in June and November:
• November – May
|What do I need||• Native and near-native levels in both English and the other language;
• Some interpreting experience (voluntary or otherwise);
• Ability to conduct autonomous study (research and weekly assignments);
• Reliable Internet access and the latest version of Skype.
|What will I learn?||• You will learn and understand the English legal system, as well as the legal system of the other language country; through online self-study lessons and individual research;
• You will learn to assess your own work;
• You will learn to research and build your own glossary.
|What topics are covered?||• Module 1 – Types of Crime
• Module 2 – Police Powers & Procedures
• Module 3 – Courts
• Module 4 – Probation
• Module 5 – Immigration
• Module 6 – Civil Law
• Module 7 – Local Government
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all the course materials and submit all your coursework online;
• Scheduled drop-in sessions with a course tutor;
• 12 sessions (of 1h each) with a dedicated, qualified and experienced tutor in your language who will offer you language support, practice in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting and feedback on your translations from and into English;
• Optional study group sessions between students of the same language, which allow students to revise and practice their interpreting skills;
• A complimentary Glossary in your language (if available);
• A complimentary copy of The Interpreters’ Manual upon completing the course;
• Certificate of Completion (if your attendance is above 85%).
|What will it cost?||£725 (payment in instalments also available)|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.