Those who speak a language of lesser diffusion can apply for the DPSI Law course for Rare Languages.
|About the DPSI
||The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) is a nationally recognised qualification that serves as a benchmark for professional standards in the interpreting profession. Passing the exam and obtaining this diploma entitles you to:
|This course can now be started at any time.
|About this course
|This One-to-One online preparatory course combines a self-study approach with the support of a dedicated language tutor to help prepare you for the DPSI Law or Health exams. The course is suitable for:
- Interpreters who wish to work in areas of the law such as police, probation, courts, solicitors and immigration or in medical and healthcare settings.
- Candidates who missed the enrolment period for the 8-month DPSI Law or Health Group Courses
- Candidates who need to improve their knowledge of specialised terminology before attempting the exams.
This course is not suitable for beginners – please check our Level 3 in Community Interpreting course if you do not have experience in interpreting.
- Learning materials covering the English legal system and the legal system of the other language country, or about the English medical system and the medical system of the other language country.
- 12 hours with a dedicated language tutor where you’ll practice your interpreting and translating skills by doing role-plays, sight translations and receiving feedback on written translations into both English and the other language.
- A complimentary Glossary (if available in your language);
- A complimentary copy of The Interpreters’ Manual
- A course completion certificate (if all coursework is submitted and 100% attendance is achieved)
- To find out what topics are covered for each course, head to the DPSI Law or DPSI Health course pages.
||All applicants will take part in a pre-course assessment on Skype to ensure that they are at the appropriate linguistic level for this course. The minimum requirements are:
- Native and near-native levels in both English and the other language;
- Adequate interpreting experience (voluntary or otherwise) – this course is not suitable for beginners;
- Ability to conduct autonomous study (research and weekly reading);
- Reliable internet access and the latest version of Skype for your online tutorials.
||£775 (with the option of payment in 8 instalments of £95/month).
||Sitting the exam online:
- We are happy to announce that we have become an accredited online exam centre in the UK, offering the DPSI Law exam online. Our centre is accredited by TQUK.
- Exam fee: £699 for all Units
Sitting the exam at a centre:
Need more information? Contact us.
Step 1: ApplyStep 2: Be assessedStep 3: Complete Enrolment
Fill out and submit the application form to register your details for the course.
Book the pre-course assessment (£30). Assessments take place on Skype and consist of an interpreting task. This fee is deducted from the total course price if successful in the assessment and offered a place on the course.
Upon successfully passing the pre-course assessment, applicants will be directed to complete their enrolment by paying in instalments or in full.