This course is suitable for all languages including those of lesser diffusion including but not limited to:
Albanian, Amharic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Dari, Greek, Korean, Kurdish, Mirpuri, Pashto, Punjabi, Somali, Tamil, Thai, Tigrinya and Vietnamese.
This online preparatory course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments if you cannot attend a face-to-face course.
|Who is this course for?||This course is suitable for candidates who:
• missed the enrolment period for the 8-month DPSI Health course;
|How long is the course?||This is an 8-month course – it runs twice a year to prepare those who plan to sit the CIoL exam in June and November:
• November – May
|What do I need||• Native and near-native levels in both English and the other language;
• Some interpreting experience (voluntary or otherwise);
• Ability to conduct autonomous study (research and weekly assignments);
• Reliable Internet access and the latest version of Skype.
|What will I learn?||•You will learn and understand the British healthcare system, as well as the health care system of the other language country
• You will learn other relevant topics (see below)
• You will learn to assess your own work
• You will be empowered with the necessary knowledge and techniques to tackle the DPSI exam (if applicable)
• You will learn to research and build your own glossary
|What topics are covered?||• Module 1 – Structure of NHS & Health Professionals
• Module 2 – Sexual Health & Pregnancy
• Module 3 – Human Body I
• Module 4 – Human Body II
• Module 5 – Human Body III
• Module 6 – Oncology & Palliative Care
• Module 7 – Mental Health & Private Healthcare
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all the course materials and submit all your coursework online
• 12 weekly tutorials, of 1 hour each, with a dedicated language tutor covering course modules, interpreting skills and feedback on translations
• A dedicated qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination who will give you guidance over the 12 practice sessions
• Over 100 assignments covering 7 modules (see topics below)
• A complimentary Glossary (if available in your language)
• A complimentary copy of The Interpreters’ Manual upon completion of the course
• Certificate of completion (if you submit all compulsory coursework and your attendance is above 85%)
|What will it cost?||£725 (payment in 4 monthly instalments also available)|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.