This course is available in English into all languages
Arabic, French, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish into English.
|About the DipTrans
||The DipTrans is a postgraduate level professional qualification that is widely recognised as the international standard for anyone wanting to become a freelance translator.Passing the exam and obtaining this diploma entitles you to:
• Improved work prospects;
• Using the DipTrans title after your name.
||Enrolments are open all year-round, but please note that the CIoL DipTrans exam takes place in January each year.
|About this Course
||This one-to-one practical online preparatory course is suitable for candidates who have failed one or more units and are planning to re-take the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) DipTrans exams. This course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments if you cannot attend face-to-face training.The DipTrans Resit Course is available in one of the following formats:
- 10 sessions that can be completed within 12 weeks (if you need to resit 1-2 units);
- 5 sessions that can be completed within 6 weeks (if you need to resit one unit or specialisation only);
- This course will be personalised to the unit(s) you wish to resit.
- 5 or 10 translation assignments covering your chosen units;
- 5 or 10 Skype tutorials of 30 minutes each to receive feedback on your translations from a qualified and experienced tutor;
- Certificate of completion (with a mandatory attendance of 100%).
- Professional translation experience;
- Discipline to conduct autonomous learning and research;
- Reliable internet access and the latest version of Skype.
- £495 (10 sessions)
- £295 (5 sessions)
|The exam is booked directly with the CIoL and is divided into three units:
- Unit 1: General translation;
- Unit 2: Semi-specialised translation (A: Technology, B: Business, C: Literature);
- Unit 3: Semi-specialised translation (D: Science, E: Social Science, F: Law).
Need more information? Check our FAQs, read our student testimonials or visit the CIoL exam page for further details.
Please contact us if you still have any questions.
Step 1: ApplicationStep 2: Tutor ConfirmationStep 3: Course Fee
Fill out and submit the application form to register your details for the course.
We will contact you to confirm that a tutor can take you on within 3-5 business days.
After a tutor is confirmed for you, you will be directed to proceed with the course fee by credit/debit card via PayPal or by BACS. After your payment is cleared, we’ll be in touch with everything you need to get started on your course.