This is a one-to-one practical course, available in:
English into all languages
Arabic, French, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish into English.
|Who is this course for?||This online course is suitable for experienced translators who are planning to sit the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) DipTrans exams, in order to become qualified.
This practical preparatory course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments if you cannot attend a face-to-face course.
• If you are resitting one of the units of the exam we can personalise your course – see our DT Revision course page
|How long is the course?||This is a 10 session course that can be completed within 10 – 12 weeks.|
|What do I need?||• Excellent writing skills in your native language and near-native skills in your other language;
• Professional translation experience and discipline for autonomous learning;
• Internet access and the latest version of Skype.
|What will I learn?||• Your dedicated language tutor will guide you to hone your translation skills and improve your own research skills;
• Your tutor will mark your work according to the NQF Level 7 (also used by the CIoL);
• You will learn about the different exam units (see topics below);
• You will learn to assess your own work;
• You will be empowered with the necessary knowledge and techniques to tackle the DipTrans exam;
• You will learn to research and build your own glossary.
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access and submit all the assignments;
• 10 translation assignments covering all exam units – 4 General Papers, 6 Semi-Specialised Papers (1 in each topic – see topics below);
• 10 Skype tutorials (of 30 minutes) to receive feedback on each translation from a qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination who will give you guidance and explore your strengths and weaknesses;
• Certificate of Completion (with a mandatory attendance of 100%).
|What topics are covered in the exam?||The CIoL DipTrans exam is divided into three units:
• Unit 01: General translation
• Unit 02: Semi-specialised translation (A: Technology, B: Business, C: Literature)
• Unit 03: Semi-specialised translation (D: Science, E: Social Science, F: Law)
Please note you will have to choose one option for each of the semi-specialised texts on the exam day.
|What will it cost?||£495|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.
If you would like to know whether you are at the right level to take part in the DipTrans course, we offer an evaluation service. You will translate a text and a qualified and experienced tutor will mark it according to the NQF Level 7 as used by the CIoL.
To proceed please pay the evaluation fee and
tell us which language direction you require in an email or
in the Instructions from Buyer area during the purchase.
(e.g. English into Russian or Mandarin into English).
To pay with your credit/debit card via PayPal, please click BUY NOW: