This course is taught, therefore all language combinations are accepted.
|Who is this course for?||This course is suitable for:
This intensive course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments.
|When does the course run?||This 6-week intensive course will run in August every year, according to demand.
• Applications can be sent to us from January;
|What do I need?||• Native and near-native levels in both English and the other language;
• Some interpreting experience (voluntary or otherwise);
• Ability to conduct autonomous study (research and weekly assignments);
• Reliable internet access and the latest version of Skype for your online tutorials.
|What will I learn?||• You will learn and understand the English legal system, as well as research the legal system of the other language country
• You will learn other relevant topics and skills related to the DPSI Law Option
• You will practice interpreting skills with a language tutor doing role-plays, sight translations and written translations, which will be marked according to the NQF Level 6
• You will be empowered with necessary knowledge, skills and techniques to deliver professional interpreting services
• You will learn to research and build your own glossary
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all course materials and submit all your coursework online;
• 12 hours with an experienced tutor covering the modules and discussing topics;
• 12 hours with a language tutor practising consecutive and simultaneous interpreting, sight translations and receiving feedback on written translations;
• 24 assignments and 7 modules in different topics;
• Complimentary copy of The Interpreters’ Manual upon completion of the course;
• Certificate of completion (with a mandatory attendance of 100%)
|What topics are covered?||• Module 1 – Types of Crime
• Module 2 & 3 – Police & Courts
• Module 4 & 5 – Probation & Immigration
• Module 6 & 7 – Civil Law & Local Government
|What will it cost?||£695|