All language combinations are accepted.
Due to high demand for the DPSI Law course outside the enrolment period, we are offering this intensive preparatory course
to help you revise the necessary specialised terminology in a fast track environment and still get ready for your exam.
|Who is this course for?||This course is recommended for candidates who already have adequate interpreting experience and need a revision course before attempting the DPSI Law exam. Therefore it is only available to candidates who have already booked the exam directly with the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL). Proof of this will be requested upon application.
This course is not suitable for beginners. Please check our Level 3 in Community Interpreting if you do not have experience in interpreting.
|When does the course run?||This 6-week intensive course will run from:
May 1 until June 15
Oct 1 until Nov 16
• Applications can be sent to us all year round;
|What do I need?||• Native and near-native levels in both English and the other language;
• Adequate interpreting experience (voluntary or otherwise);
• Ability to conduct autonomous study (research and weekly assignments);
• Reliable internet access and the latest version of Skype for your online tutorials.
• Proof that you have booked the exam with the CIoL
|What will I learn?||• You will become familiarised with both the English legal system and the legal system of the other language country;
• You will learn other relevant topics (see topics covered below and compare with the topics set up by the CIoL);
• You will practice interpreting skills with a dedicated language tutor, doing role-plays, sight translations and written translations into both English and the other language, which will be marked according to the NQF Level 6.
|What topics are covered?||
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all lessons and reading materials as well as submit all your coursework online;
• 7 webinars covering all 7 modules;
• 12 hours with a language tutor practising consecutive and simultaneous interpreting, sight translations and receiving feedback on written translations;
• 24 assignments and lessons in all topics
• Complimentary Glossary (if available in your language);
• Complimentary copy of The Interpreters’ Manual upon completion of the course;
• Certificate of completion (if all coursework is submitted and 100% attendance)
|What will it cost?||£695|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.