This is a one-to-one practical course, available in:
English into all languages
Arabic, French, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish into English.
|Who is this course for?||This online course is suitable for candidates who have failed one or more units and are planning to re-take the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) DipTrans exams.
This practical, exam preparatory course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments if you cannot attend a face-to-face course.
|How long is the course?||The DipTrans Resit is available in one of the following formats:
• A 10 session course that can be completed within 12 weeks (if you need to resit more than one unit or specialisations)
|What do I need?||• Professional translation experience and discipline for autonomous learning
• Internet access and the latest version of Skype
|What will I learn?||• Your dedicated language tutor will guide you to hone your translation skills and improve your own research skills
• Your tutor will mark your work according to the NQF Level 7
• You will practise translating texts in the particular topics of your chosen unit(s)
• You will be empowered with the necessary knowledge and techniques to tackle the DipTrans exam
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all the course materials and submit all your coursework online
• 5 or 10 translation assignments covering your chosen units
• 5 or 10 Skype tutorials (of 30 minutes) to receive feedback on each translation from a qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination who will give you guidance and explore your strengths and weaknesses;
• Certificate of completion (with a mandatory attendance of 100%)
|What topics are covered?||The CIoL DipTrans exam is divided into three units:
• Unit 01: General translation
This course will be personalised to the Units you wish to resit.
|When can I enrol?
||Enrolments are open all year to suit every student’s availability.
The CIoL DipTrans re-sit exam is held in January of each year.
|What will it cost?||£450 (10 sessions) or £250 (5 sessions)|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.