This course is available in:
Arabic, French, Czech, Dutch, Farsi, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian,
Slovak, Spanish and Turkish.
This is a one-to-one flexible course.
|Who is this course for?||This course is suitable for candidates who are planing to re-take the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) DipTrans exams in one or more units. This preparatory course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments.|
|How long is the course?||Course enrolment is open all year to suit every student’s availability, however it should be completed within 10-12 weeks of study. The CIoL DipTrans re-sit exam is held in January of each year.|
|What do I need?||• Excellent writing skills in your native language and near-native skills in your other language
• Professional translation experience and discipline for autonomous learning
• Internet access and the latest version of Skype
|What will I learn?||• Your dedicated language tutor will guide you to hone your translation skills and improve your own research skills
• Your tutor will mark your work according to the NQF Level 7
• You will practise translation in the particular topic of the unit
• You will learn to assess your own work
• You will be empowered with the necessary knowledge and techniques to tackle the DipTrans exam
• You will learn to research and build your own glossary
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all the course materials and submit all your coursework online
• 10 translation assignments covering the failed units
• 10 Skype tutorials to receive feedback on your translations
• A dedicated qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination who will give you guidance and explore your strengths and weaknesses
• Certificate of completion (if your attendance is above 85%)
|What topics are covered?||The CIoL DipTrans exam is divided into three units:
• Unit 01: General translation
Please note you will have to choose one option for each of the semi-specialised texts on the exam day.
|What will it cost?||£450|
|Is financial assistance available?||DPSI Online is registered with the UK Register of Learning Providers. This means you will soon be able to apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan to help with the costs of your course. Our application is currently in progress, so watch this space for any updates.|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.