Course available in Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Farsi, French, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tamil, Turkish, Urdu & more. You can request a new language option when you complete the application form.
This is a one-to-one flexible course.
|Who is this course for?||This course is suitable for candidates who have applied directly to the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) to sit the DipTrans exams, or for those who would like to sit the exam again. This preparatory course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments.|
|How long is the course?||Enrolment is open all year but please note that the course starts in August so that students have 10 weeks of study before sitting the exam. The exam is held in January of each year.|
|What do I need?||• Native in one language and near-native in your Other Language
• At least 2 years experience in translation, excellent writing skills and discipline for autonomous learning
• Internet access and Skype
|What will I learn?||• Your dedicated language tutor will guide you to hone your translation skills and improve your own research skills
• Your tutor will mark your work according to the NQF Level 7
• You will learn about the different Exam Units (see topics covered below and compare with topics set up by the CIoL)
• You will learn to assess your own work
• You will be empowered with the necessary knowledge and techniques to tackle the DipTrans exam
• You will learn to research and build your own glossary
|What will I receive during the course?||• Full access to the Forum to network and share information with other students and tutors
• 10 translation assignments covering all exam units
• 10 Skype tutorials to receive feedback on your translations
• A dedicated qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination who will give you guidance and explore your strengths and weaknesses
• Certificate of completion (if your attendance is above 85%)
|What topics are covered?||The Diploma in Translation Exam, provided by the Institute of Linguistics, is divided into three units. Unit 1 is a General Paper. Units 2 and 3, are Semi-Specialised Papers, you will have to choose one text to translate out of the 3 papers presented to you on the exam day, see topics below:• Unit 01: General Translation• Unit 02: Semi-specialised Translation (A: Technology, B: Business C: Literature)• Unit 03: Semi-specialised Translation (D: Science, E: Social Science, F: Law)|
|What will it cost?||£450|
If you would like to know whether you are at the right level to take part in the DipTrans course, we offer an evaluation service. You will translate a text and a qualified and experienced tutor marks it according to the NQF Level 7 as used by the CIoL. To proceed please pay the evaluation fee and tell us which language direction you require (e.g. English into Russian or Mandarin into English).
To pay with your credit/debit card via PayPal, please click BUY NOW:
Alternatively, you can send a UK cheque/postal order made payable to Helena El Masri to the following address:
20 Kingsland Close