This course is available in Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Farsi, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish & more.
You can request a new language option when you complete the application form.
This is a one-to-one flexible course.
|Who is this course for?||This course is suitable for candidates who are planing to sit or re-take the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) DipTrans exams. This preparatory course allows you to study in your own time and around your commitments.|
|How long is the course?||Enrolment is open all year but please note that it is recommended to enrol from August/September so that students have 10 weeks of study before sitting the exam. The exam is held in January of each year.|
|What do I need?||• Excellent writing skills in your native language and near-native skills in your other language
• Professional translation experience and discipline for autonomous learning
• Internet access and the latest version of Skype
|What will I learn?||• Your dedicated language tutor will guide you to hone your translation skills and improve your own research skills
• Your tutor will mark your work according to the NQF Level 7
• You will learn about the different exam units (see topics covered below and compare with topics set up by the CIoL)
• You will learn to assess your own work
• You will be empowered with the necessary knowledge and techniques to tackle the DipTrans exam
• You will learn to research and build your own glossary
|What will I receive during the course?||• Access to our Students Area – our course platform that enables you to access all the course materials and submit all your coursework online
• 10 translation assignments covering all exam units
• 10 Skype tutorials to receive feedback on your translations
• A dedicated qualified and experienced tutor in your language combination who will give you guidance and explore your strengths and weaknesses
• Certificate of completion (if your attendance is above 85%)
|What topics are covered?||The CIoL DipTrans exam is divided into three units:
• Unit 01: General translation
• Unit 02: Semi-specialised translation (A: Technology, B: Business, C: Literature)
• Unit 03: Semi-specialised translation (D: Science, E: Social Science, F: Law)
Please note you will have to choose one option for each of the semi-specialised texts on the exam day.
|What will it cost?||£450|
|Is financial assistance available?||DPSI Online is registered with the UK Register of Learning Providers. This means you will soon be able to apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan to help with the costs of your course. Our application is currently in progress, so watch this space for any updates.|
Please contact us if you still have any questions.
If you would like to know whether you are at the right level to take part in the DipTrans course, we offer an evaluation service. You will translate a text and a qualified and experienced tutor will mark it according to the NQF Level 7 as used by the CIoL.
To proceed please pay the evaluation fee and tell us which language direction you require in the Instructions from Buyer area during the purchase
(e.g. English into Russian or Mandarin into English).
To pay with your credit/debit card via PayPal, please click BUY NOW: